When one is in a long term relationship with another person, it’s only natural for them to start thinking about taking the next step in their relationship by proposing marriage to their partner. After all, a love that lasted for so long should only get stronger through the years, so why not bind your lives together in matrimony, right? So, the entire process starts: you canvass for engagement rings, pick the right one, choose the date when you’ll do it, and then spring the surprise on them by popping the question at home or in a restaurant after a hearty and romantic meal. By proposing in this way, it’s sure to be a special day that both of you will remember for the rest of your days.
But believe it or not, it is more than possible to deviate from the formula stated above; there are actually a myriad of ways you can propose to your beloved and each of them are special and memorable in their own way.
Here, the master jewellers of Vella Diamonds list the seven different ways you can propose to your partner.
- Hotel Staycation – If you and your lover have an abundance of free time around the date you intend to propose, then consider taking a staycation at a luxury hotel. Simply book a nice room with a good view of the city, order some dinner with wine or champagne, and just stay in before you get down on one knee and pop the question. Bonus: If you really want to make the staycation romantic and memorable, consider making the appropriate arrangements with the hotel staff to give the room a much more romantic atmosphere with rose petals and candlelight. Additionally, you can also do the romantic cliche of dropping the ring in your partner’s wineglass for maximum surprise.
- Winter Proposal – Does your partner love the winter season? If so, then hold off your search for engagement rings until the season is fast approaching. Then, once you have it, find a stretch of space that’s covered in nothing but snow and propose to your lover there. That way, you can give your partner winter wonderland proposal that they’ll cherish for the rest of their days.
- Get Your Pet Involved – On the other hand, if you and your partner own a pet dog, get them involved as well. Dogs are social and mostly obedient creatures and they’re part of the family. With enough time and dedication, you can train them to help you propose to your lover with a sign that says “Will You Marry Me?” or by carrying the ring itself on their collar to your partner. By doing so, the cutest member of your family will be involved in your proposal, making the day cuter and more memorable than it already is.
- Recreate the First Date – First dates are something that most people remember and if you want to throw off any suspicion from your partner to maximize the surprise of your proposal, don’t hesitate to consider recreating your first date. If you want, you can also try to make arrangements with the staff to order the same meals you had back then in advance. Once you’re done with your meals, you can then get down on one knee and pop the question to your partner.
- Literary Proposals – Does your partner like reading books? If so, then use this to your advantage when planning your proposal. If they like reading romance novels, grab a copy of the same novel from your local bookstore and hollow out the book to the part where the main character declares their love for their love interest and store your engagement rings there. That way, when you ask them to turn to a specific page in the novel, you can watch the surprise on her face when they realize what it means. If hollowing out books isn’t your thing, however, no worries: you can also create a poem or a short story that ends in you asking for their hand in marriage instead.
- Jigsaw Puzzle – Alternatively, if your partner likes doing puzzles, try contacting your local hobby shop or toy store to see if they can create a custom puzzle that they can solve to spell out your proposal. If the nearby shops don’t carry such a service, you can always search the Internet for websites that specialize in custom puzzles. Pro Tip: have them add some photos to the puzzle and make sure that they’re thin enough to frame. That way, you can hang it around your home as a reminder of that happy day.
- Destination Proposal – If you’re really looking to go all out with popping the question, then you can never go wrong with a destination proposal. Take your partner someplace exotic or a location abroad that they’ve been itching to go to for a while now and then get down on one knee with your engagement rings to ask them to marry you. At the end of the day, you’ll no doubt be crossing two items from their bucket list if you opt for this route.
Looking for the perfect engagement ring to propose to your lover with? Look no further than Vella Diamonds for advice and assistance. Not only are we more than qualified to help you find the perfect piece to present to your love but we are also more than dedicated to ensuring that you get nothing but the best jewellery for your proposal plans or your wedding day. You may visit our website to learn more about us or see our wide range of engagement rings and wedding bands. You can rely on us for the perfect set of rings!